Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 2

We survived day 1. Barely.

In my opinion it was a little rough once 4:30/5:00 rolled around. I had some almonds around 4:00 but that wasn't seeming to satisfy my craving. We hurried home after work. I prepped dinner before we went to the gym. I attempted to use the elliptical but started to feel a little faint and ended up walking it out on the treadmill. Clearly, the lack of carbs throughout the day was getting to me.

We got home around 7:30 and I was frantically finishing dinner so that we could eat and so I could get a little boost of energy. At this point I was tempted to chug the orange juice in our fridge or pop a mini Reese's PB Cup in the secret stash. But, I didn't. I survived, ate dinner, even made some banana bread, drank some sleepy time tea, then went to sleep.
Dinner Day 1: Mustard Glazed Baked Chicken Thighs (from the 21DSD book), Quinoa, and Zucchini with onions. Not too shabby.


Today is a new day, and we are stronger today because of what was accomplished yesterday. Here's a list of today's planned events/meals.

  • Breakfast consisted of eggs with spinach and bacon.
  • Coffee: I think I have a new found love that I created this morning. I'm a latte kind of girl, so I made my own modifications to my coffee this morning. Typically I would just add a touch of flavored creamer (You ask, all of that processed, sugary, shit? Yes, that stuff.). This morning I brewed my coffee per usual (via Keurig, the only way to have coffee IMO). I warmed up 1/2 cup of whole milk in the microwave for 30 seconds then wisked it with  my latte wisk (you can find these at Bed Bath and Beyond, it just makes the milk a little frothy). I then added my milk to my coffee and was in a world of delight. =)
  • I've snacked on the Coconut Flour Banana Bread I made last night. It's good, but interesting. Definitely not the usual Banana bread style and density but, it's something good to have on hand.
  • Today's lunch will be left over baked chicken with a lettice salad, avocado, hard boiled eggs.
  • Snack today is going to be a little more hearty due to yesterday's events in how I felt after work. Planning on my organic, full fat yogurt with a green apple. May even throw in some almonds.
  • Dinneer may consist of beef lettuce wraps. If not that, then something of the chicken variety.
We're out of quinoa, eggs, and some other sides I need to stock up on tonight to get us through the weekend. A Costco run may be in order after work.

I did break down and weigh myself this morning, even though I said I wouldn't do it until after my challenge. I was down to 164 so that is promising. I'm sure it isn't true weight loss but, it's a start. Besides "feelings of hunger", I feel a little more energized today.

Today is Friday, it's a good day, we are blessed that God gave us another day on this wonderful Earth, and no matter how hard life is it could always be worse.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment