Monday, January 20, 2014

Days 13-15

Let's me start by saying this detox did not last the full 21 days. Although it would have been ideal to finish, I was getting burnt out on this diet. John on the other hand LOVED it (of course he did). I'm sorry, but I need SOME carbs. I was finding it difficult to workout and not feel like I was going to hit the floor at any given moment.

I will say that this detox did give me more energy and an increase of free space in my pants (which was later taken away with birthday sweets, treats, and beverages). This detox did teach me that it is OK to eat what you want, in moderation. I am completely fine with working out for 2 hours if that means I can go eat a fat cheeseburger and drink a beer. You only live once, right?

We did give this a good shot and I'm sure we will continue to modify our diet accordingly. We definitely don't need to eat as many carbs as we were, but if I want some bread or pasta I'm going to eat it. It's just a matter of being prepared ahead of time with healthy snack foods and meals.

You never know, this detox may come back to haunt us in the future! But, until then I'll just enjoy my favorite foods in moderation and will NOT feel guilty for indulging once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment