Monday, January 13, 2014

Days 9-12

I'm turning into a little bit of a slacker with this blog. Life has been chaotic in our home over the last couple of days and we had a pretty busy weekend.

I'll go ahead and confess that Friday was a rough day. I was still fighting a GI bug and vegetable and meat did not sound appealing whatsoever. I gave in and ate a plain bagel. I had to. My stomach was writhing in pain since I wasn't eating much and I needed some bland food. I also had to drink some diluted gatorade. My electrolytes were low people, I had the stomach flu!!

I got back on track Saturday and powered through. Thankfully my GI bug had subsided. Then, shit got real Sunday morning. I had tried several approved recipes for pumpkin scones (gross) and pumpkin pancakes (also gross). Both were hideous and I was so hungry and pissed at this point I ate a bowl of cereal...fail #2. The rest of the weekend was fine other than a glass of wine last night....fail #3. After an emotional battle with a neighbor and conversation of selling our beloved condo, we felt as though we deserved a beverage as we watched the season premiere of  House of Lies (if you don't watch this, you should).

Needless to say, we're back on track today. I weighed myself this morning and was in shock that I have dropped from 165 to 157.4 in just 13 days. I'm sure majority is water weight but overall we both feel much better. We were even able to take advantage of the glorious KC weather yesterday and get out for a 3 mile run!

I have already learned a lot from this detox experience. Although I like eating clean I do think it's a bit overboard. I would much rather workout for 2 hours every night and eat more of what tastes good to me than follow this detox on a daily basis. My Birthday is Friday. And although I plan to behave this week I am not going to deprive myself on the "Anniversary of my Birth". Plus, I'm another year closer to 30 so that's a little hard to swallow.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment